a new beginning...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

There are no secrets on the Internet




At least not for me...not any more. Photos I promised and photos I shall deliver. These were taken at 5:30 this morning.


Weight - 195 lbs.
Waist - 42"
BF% (Tanita) 25% (ugh. That means I am comprised of 48.75 lbs. of fat).

Now I know that Tanita may not be the most accurate measurement, but until I can get my callipers around my girth (double ugh) it will have to do.

Lots more to write about, like where I've come from, where I intend to go and how I wound up here. For now I figure it's best to avoid the "stream of consciousness" blog postings and stick to the point.

No, I'm not Eric Cartman & I'm not big boned (hell, I'm only 5"10). I'm carrying around an unhealthy amount of body fat and it's time to do something about it.

10 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Hey GeneTheK,

Welcome to the FAT Coalition. Joining up with us is good step in the right direction. All the members have given me so much motivation and make me fill accountable for my actions good and bad. From the looks of your "Why" photo you have 3 very good reasons to get healthy and be around for a long time. Looking forward to watching/reading about you and your journey. Now go eat something healthy and work out after telling your kids and partner how much you love them :)

Rob Tucker said...

I'm with Rip - welcome aboard! You're in the right place if you're looking for support and strength.

GeneTheK said...

It's been like 2 days and I totally agree. This is a great group for support & accountability.

Thanks Rob (Rip too).

Jay said...

you're braver than I when I started. Keep posting and working hard and you'll see results!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Gene. The FAT Coalition is not only supportive but informative. It's made a huge difference in my mental attitude to losing weight and getting healthy. LOTS of inspirational bloggers here.

Jim McCoy said...

Welcome to the group...if I didn't mention that yesterday. This was a scary blog for me, because if you 5' 10" and 25% body fat at 195, and I'm 5'9" and 230, WTF is my BMI? ICK!!!

GeneTheK said...

I felt it was time to be brutally honest with myself. After all, not being honest (gee...these pants aren't that tight)...look where it got me.

GeneTheK said...

Jim -

I forgot to mention that I don't belive the Tanita scale is entirely accurate when it comes to BF% readings. I've had a lot of fluctuation so take it for what it's worth.

Pictures don't lie though.

Marcol said...

Good for you on getting the pics up, youll look up in a month or two and be glad you have them to look back it. Youre going to do great!

I love your title for your wife and kids pic - you gotta know why youre doing this. You definitely do and it will help keep you focused!

Kristen said...

Like everyone else said...it's good to just get it out there and recognize your starting point. It should only get better from here. You'll be so glad to have something to reference in just a short while.