a new beginning...

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

and so it begins...

Hello everyone in Blogville and a special hello to all my (hopefully) soon to be F.A.T. Coalition bloggers.

Gene from Jersey here. I came across these blogs after reading about Billy on a link from the Turbulence Training website: http://www.ttmembers.com/public/303.cfm

I'm new to blogging but not new to fitness (or at least veiled attempts at it). Today is my 39th Birthday and as you can see by the title of my blog this is my journey to the ripe young age of 40.

While I cannot promise 365 entries over the coming year (just not enough time in the day with a wife and 2 small daughters) I can promise to be an active member of the community, lend an ear and advice when needed or asked for, and lots and lots of pix (they really keep you honest).

A special thanks to swankywanker (she was one of the few who had email access in her profile) for her email and words of encouragement. I almost thought this was a secret society like the Illuminati.

Pix and more posts to come. I was going to use pictures from August but to be fair and really make this "journey" an accurate and honest one, I'll be taking new pictures tonight.

9 comments:

Marcol said...

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Becaus of your decision today to change your fitness status, this time next year youll be thoroughly proud of yourself for all the wonderful healthy lifestyle changes you will have made.

Looking forward to reading your blog and receiving your input.

Heres to an awesome 39th year for you!

swankywanker said...

Happy birthday, Gene.

I hope for big things from you.

Here's to a strong start.

Kristen said...

Welcome, Gene. You'll get plenty of support here. Can't wait to see the pics and follow your progress!

Jay said...

Happy birthday and welcome to the club!

Jim McCoy said...

Happy birthday, and welcome to FAT. Sounds like you've had some failed attempts. Just stay focused, and be honest with yourself, and you'll get there.

Brian said...

Happy birthday and the best of luck to you! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and welcome. Your 40th birthday will be your best just for joining us here.

Rob Tucker said...

Happy birthday, man. Yeah - FAT's done a lot for us as a group. Welcome aboard - and I'll be adding you to my list.

I never realized that I don't have my email up - I guess we are a bit sly, eh?

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday!

And welcome to F.A.T :)