a new beginning...

Friday, October 19, 2007

Knowledge is NOT power



...rather the consistent application of knowledge is. If it were, I'd already have the body of my dreams, a cure for cancer and more money than I could spend in 2 lifetimes.

The "more about me" post is coming later this weekend so in the mean time I thought I'd throw out there my current workout routine. I'll be following this for the next 5 weeks (right up until Thanksgiving). I got this Mens Health 5 Week Transformation back in January 2006 (luckily the link was still good). I had much success following this in the weeks leading up to my 10 year wedding anniversary and 2nd Honeymoon in Barbados.

This works for me. With 2 small kids I need to fit my workouts in first thing in the morning. I go to the gym on M-W-F & my wife goes T-Th-Sa. I can get in and get out in about 45 minutes. The circuit routine (including warm ups) takes about 30-35 minutes, then I perform 4 minutes of Tabata intervals . I do try to train my Abs on my off days from the gym and also get in a good cardio session on the weekend.

Exercise & nutrition have never really been the issue for me rather the consistent application of exerecise & nutritiuon have been.

But that is all about to change...

6 comments:

Jay said...

good blog. I feel the same way. I have always known what to do, but I haven't always followed my own advice.

Marcol said...

Love the blog. Knowledge unapplied is like being at the gas station and not connecting the fuel pump to your car's gas tank - worthless...

Silvana said...

Hey thanks for welcoming me to FAT and good luck! A day at a time.....

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan in place. It's tough to fit in time to work out into a family schedule, but it looks like you're doing it. Keep it up!

Ripx180 said...

like everyone else said good blog and its soooo true. I wish I would have applied my knowledge about 12 years ago. Guess the best time to start is now right? Keep the blogs rolling.

Rob Tucker said...

Amen on the philosophy. I feel like I could write 5 volumes on how to stay motivated, lose weight and everything included. Yet, that's the easy part.

So far, so good!