a new beginning...

Monday, October 29, 2007

Oh the horror

Ironic title seeing as how my weekend started off Friday night by going to see Saw IV. I'm not going to offer up my review, let's just say they could have stopped after part 3. God bless the sequel (and the almighty dollar).

Saturday was a day off from working out. The first half of the day my eating was good, but late in the day I got a bit derailed. Had raviolis for dinner and no protein with it. Later that night my wife and I had some wine and a few olives. In addition we shared a delicious piece of peppermint brownie (made fresh) from Whole Foods.

Sunday I did get a good cardio workout in along with 4 minutes of Tabatas (squat thrusts). Took the family to breakfast at a local diner. It's my daughter's' favorite place since they have a "choo-choo" train that circles the entrance way. I ate an egg white omelet, wheat toast & a bite of my wife's french toast.

Went to the Jet game last night (like I said, oh the horror) and while it was not my best tailgate, it was not my worst. My brother-in-law and I brought some friends who were Bills fans (very happy Bills fans I might add) and we had a great time. Grilled chicken with fresh mozzarella and roasted peppers. Unfortunately it was on regular Italian bread as I could not find the whole wheat style I normally would buy. Toss in a few beers and a few handfuls of pistachios and that's how my night went.

The baby was up most of the night teething and screaming, therefore I was not rested enough to go to the gym this morning so I missed my workout. Nights are hard, but I will make attempts to workout this evening.

I'm looking ahead to Thursday when I will take my next round of pictures and measurements.

While I'm a bit sluggish & out of sorts today because of my less than stellar choices this weekend, I still have a smile on my face since I have my cords on again today.

Remember that there is no such thing as failure. There are only feedback and results.

10 comments:

Marcol said...

Great ending quote. Youre full of nuggets arent you?

GeneTheK said...

Yes I am, so long as they are not chicken nuggets.

Jay said...

That last line says it all.

My apologies for your unfortunate plight as a Jet fan. :(

GeneTheK said...

Joe Namath sold his soul to the Devil in order to win SuperBowl III. The franchise is hexed. And I am sad. :(

Rob Tucker said...

Gene, at least the Jets have ONE.

No sympathy from the Lions fan, I can assure you =)

GeneTheK said...

Yes Rob, it seems you have had to endure far greater heartache as as Lions fan in recent years than I as a Jet fan. You know what they say about any given Sunday...

Your team looks good this season.

Go figure, the Jets finally get a game on Thanksgiving and look at the season we're having. Oh well...

Jim McCoy said...

I feel you on the baby thing. My wife decided to take my daughter's blankie away while she was sleeping last night, and guess who woke up at midnight screaming? And wouldn't calm down until she got her blankie back an hour later? And then wouldn't go to sleep until 4AM? And then woke up at 9AM? So yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, and I guess we'll just have to suffer together.

Rob Tucker said...

Hell, the Lions are on Thanksgiving EVERY year - and look at our great record ;)

Jets are having a down year, you'll be back up to mediocrity soon! =)

Pennington being out is killing my FF squad, btw.

Melissa said...

I love your quote. Such a positive outlook :)

kyle said...

The Jets may have their Superbowl, but I don't think that Lions fan is going to get much sympathy from Jets fan this year. Being a Cardinals fan hasn't been that easy either :).

I can feel your pain with the baby too. Our 3 month old sleeps for extended periods finally, but she still gets up VERY early. I can't wait for the teething to start!