a new beginning...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fitgerald's 5K


It's been a great weekend so far. Excellent meal choices. I got 6 Omaha steaks for Father's Day and we grilled some of them last night, along with vegetable kabobs and some quinoa. Yummy, satisfying and HEALTHY. It's amazing how you can still satisfy the need to eat "hearty" yet keep it clean.

Later today I'm off with some family and friends to run in the Fitgerald's 5K in Glen Ridge, NJ. Last 5k I ran was back in April (the Lincoln Tunnel 5k) and my goal is to beat my previous time of 30:44. One potential concern is that there are terrible thunderstorms in the area today (it's slamming as I type this) so I hope it's not cancelled.

Tomorrow begins week 4 of TT Intermediate. I'll weigh in and take new pix tomorrow along with posting my time (I hope) from the race.

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

how did the race go? Hope you beat that old time. I really like quinoa, we just started eating it like 8 months ago. I never knew it existed before that.

GeneTheK said...

I finished in 30:25 which beat my last 5k by :19 seconds. The starting line was totally jammed so I think I got hosed on some time - truthfully I think I broke 30:00 although the "official" scorecard says otherwise.

Yeah, read lots about quinoa and always wanted to try it. Tastes great with a bit of lemon and some Butter Buds sprinkled on top.

Next 5k is next month a Teterboro Airport, a little commuter airport by me. I'll be OK so long as I'm not dodging planes on the runway.

lj said...

Congrats on beating your time!

What's TT?

GeneTheK said...

Turbulence Training.

http://www.turbulencetraining.com/

One of the best workout programs I've come across.