a new beginning...

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Beach bound



Getting ready for vacation, whether my body is ready or not.

I'm taking the family down to the Jersey Shore for a week. So while I may not be blogging while I'm away, rest assured it's not because I threw in the towel. I still have the Oceans 11 Challenge & the TT Challenge on my radar.

I've made some progress as of late but I am nowhere near where I want to be nor where I am capable of being. I was concerned about what to do with my workout routine while away so I took some advice from the Craig Ballantyne & Turbulence Training forums. I plan to do Body Weight Workouts on M-W-F (my 'normal' gym days) and I also plan to do a lot of HIIT (running on the beach). It's something I've always wanted to do so I'm really looking forward to it.

I also plan to relax a bit, have a few drinks and do a lot of healthy grilling.

Happy Independence Day everyone! This time let's declare our Independence from Body Fat, shall we?

3 comments:

Ripx180 said...

have a great vacation and holiday. Sounds like you got a plan so all should be good. Someday I will run on the beach with my shirt off and feel good about myself :).

GeneTheK said...

Thanks Rip. Yeah, I hear you. Right now I'll settle for the run. Maybe by the end of the Summer I'll be ready for the "no-shirt" run??? I guess only time will tell.

Ripx180 said...

How did the vacation go? Did you stick to the plan? Let us know how things are going.