a new beginning...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's been a while

I feel like Pedro from Napolean Dynomite...I don't have much to say. No shit, if I did you'd have seen a post since March.

I've simply been dealing with life on life's terms.

Pop died in February...I wrote about that already. Sadly, and in a cruel twist of fate, my father died in May, less than 90 days later.

Still trying to make sense of it all.

I decided to quit drinking on July 13th. Alcohol began taking me to bad places. To be honest, life for me is better without it. Hard to explain so I wont try - for me I'm finding out it's the right way to live.

Been peeping at some FAT blogs. Glad there are a few of the old guard still chiming in. Good to see new "faces" too. A fresh perspective always helps. Lord knows I need one these days.

Back at gym, following TT beginner program. 3 weeks into a 4 week cycle. Need to take it easy, had rotator cuff surgery in April. Coming along but don't want any setbacks.

October 1st is around the corner. I promised myself I'd set 30-60-90 day goals to round out the year on a high note.

Take care. I'll be back...

1 comment:

Ripx180 said...

Glad to see you post something up. Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather and father, I cant even imagine. I also hear you on drinking and whether or not I should make room for it in my life. Keep posting even if its just telling us how your workout or diet was. Any post is better than no post. Finish out 2010 right like you want to.