a new beginning...

Friday, May 16, 2008

Today it's working


Despite the fact that I got a good nights sleep, I still wrestled with my brain @ 5:10 AM in order to get out of bed. Actually I was already out of bed after the alarm went off (had to pee) rather, I had to fight not to crawl back into bed.

Then I got to thinking...

a. you are already awake and out of bed
b. your workout clothes and gym bag are already out and ready to go (nightly prep work before bed)
c. don't be like - "I'll just wait until Monday to get started" - WRONG!
d. if I had bought into letter c. above, I'd probably have set myself up for a bad weekend of eating and drinking - you know, the "last time" before I really get started on Monday

Instead I got dressed, went to the gym and had a great workout. Then I came home, made a smoothie, showered and greeted the day with a whole different attitude. I'm certain the weekend will be better as well.

Gene - 1
Brain - 0

3 comments:

Geoff said...

I really feel you on this. I felt the same way this morning. But I did the same thing and got up, did my workout, and felt great afterwards. More than anything, consistency is the key. Glad to see you back on the blogs.

Rob Tucker said...

Good call, man. You have to take control of your own world, and you won today. Nice.

Jim McCoy said...

That's the way to get things moving. Great job!!